Thursday, April 28, 2011

"The next person that fucks with me...

is gonna get it. I got my shank ready!"
That is the text that I sent my sister. And that just about sums up my day so far.

My day started with me having to get up extremely early in comparison to my normal schedule; it's not because I'm lazy, it's because I work nights. I had to get up early in order to go to orientation. It was your typical snooze fest type of orientation. Later in the day one guy actually almost got kicked out for falling asleep, it was quite amusing. Various times throughout the first half of orientation the people from HR in charge of orientation would put these silly videos on telling us about the company. They'd turn off the lights and then leave the room. I wanted to take a nap so bad but I didn't know how long each video was going to be and when they were coming back.

There was a handful of guys that spoke very little English and two guys that spoke NO English and they needed a translator. They, of course, were sitting right in front of me. I wanted to punch someone.

Before we took our lunch break the HR ladies went through our forms packet with us. They explained how everything needed to be filled out and answered any questions. Before we could leave they looked through everyone's packet individually with them to make sure we had done everything correctly. WOW! 95% of the people in this shindig with me had basically not listened to a word they said and didn't fill much of anything out. I felt pretty good when the lady looked through mine and didn't have to do anything to mine like she had with just about everyone else's. The only thing she even said was "Oh, you're Linda's daughter?" Yay for having pride while surrounded by a bunch of morons.

I went to lunch and I didn't want to sit in the cafeteria by myself while I was eating so I went to my office so I could chit chat with everyone in there. Well I got a burger which comes with fries, I didn't want the fries so I offered them to my best friend Kristi who works in my office. She declined and the one person I can't stand in our small office, Bev, says "If you have any extra, Sarah, I'll take 'em." Since I was just going to throw them away I gave them to her. That's some background info for an upcoming situation. I'm just going in order of events.

A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I played what we thought was a harmless prank on 2 co-workers in the form of signage (pictures with sexual comments written on them). They both laughed it off and joked around with us about it. The next day we had a meeting about sexual harrassment because the signage had fallen into the wrong hands. In this meeting the safety guy from our building, Jim, said that whoever had done this would be terminated. At the end of the meeting my boyfriend and I were called to our boss's office individually and she told us that "everyone was saying it was us" and it was true. We admitted it. She told both of us that she hoped that we wouldn't be fired but there would be serious consequences. Here we are a few weeks later, nothing has happened and I just officially joined the company (today - orientation) and will be receiving a raise on my first check. WELL in the second part of orientation we had the safety part of it. Guess who ran this? The safety guy from MY building, Jim, that wanted to fire whoever had pulled these pranks. During his portion he would ask questions expecting people to give some input and anytime I would TRY to participate he would completely ignore me. He was talking about something else and used the words "if you.. blah blah blah... I will take issue with you." So I guess he has taken issue with me.

Once orientation was done I had to go straight to my building and get to work. Orientation was supposed to last until 4 or 4:30 but we are done by 3:45. I walk into my office to set my stuff down and then I'm I plan on going to go use the bathroom. The second I walk in I am handed something to do that was originally something handed to Bev. As soon as she saw me open the door she tells them "Sarah is here now." So I told them "I'm not 'here' yet. I have to pee." They said "Well Bev said that you're here." UGHHHHHHHHHH. I just left it and went to pee. It was still sitting on my desk when I got back, of course. It's so irritating that I was nice to her earlier today and then she tried to burn me as soon as I officially came in to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment