Monday, March 21, 2011

Reassurance

I guess since the beginning of my current relationship I have had my doubts.
My thinking was like this:
  1. It won't go anywhere and I'm okay with that.
  2. I think I might want something more but I know he doesn't.
  3. Okay I need to be patient but now he wants a relationship.
  4. We're together but I doubt it will last.
Since then we had a "fight." I wouldn't really call it a fight because there honestly was no fighting, I just don't know what else to call it. It was really late one night and we started talking about things that we didn't like in our relationship. His issue was my dog being inside even though he knows why she is and agrees that it's a good reason but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't want her to be inside. My issues were that I didn't want things to be so seperate between us, I wanted there to be more of an "us." Maybe I just need to feel needed. I like being relied on I suppose. Well it came to an end because he said something that hurt my feelings and I started crying, then he started crying because he didn't want me to be sad. I thought that was pretty sweet. We kind of agreed that we understood each other but we couldn't find a compromise but we would work on it.

The only reason my dog, Ellie, is inside is because she's not fixed. I don't want her to get pregnant because there are enough dogs where we are living. Six total; two are mine and he doesn't have any. I told him that if Ellie was fixed then she'd be an outside dog but I didn't have the money to fix her and that if he wanted to pay for it then it would be a win-win. Well he had his sister call vets nearby that I hadn't checked with yet about their pricing and his brother's girlfriend called Adopt A Pet which ended up being the cheapest and very reasonable. He told me that he would pay to have her fixed if I helped him do some stuff at the house next door. So it's a deal!

The house next door belongs to his family but needs to be redone (about $10000 worth of work). He plans on putting all of the money and work into it and moving in. He started working on it this weekend. $2000 in and there's a new roof! Well since he started working on the house we have been using the words "us" and "ours" more often.

So I guess both of our issues have been solved or are on their way to being solved.
Somehow after this weekend I feel like things between us are more stable, more comfortable and I feel like it could last. I don't know that I've ever been this happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment